Website Privacy Notice for ATVANCE EMPOWERED RISK MANAGEMENT
Last updated: 5 August 2021
This privacy notice located at (https://www.atvance-erm.co.za/privacy-notice/) (“the Notice”) explains how ATVANCE EMPOWERED RISK MANAGEMENT (Pty) Ltd. of 279 Kent Avenue, Ferndale, Randburg, South Africa (“We”/”Us”/Our”) collects and uses Personal Information and explains your rights in respect of your Personal Information.
General Information Regarding This Notice
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person or, where applicable an identifiable, existing juristic person. This will include
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We do not process any Special Personal Information. Where free text fields are provided they are not intended for Special Personal Information and We ask that you do not insert Special Personal Information.
Should you provide us with Special Personal Information in these free text fields, you do so at your own risk. In the event We notice Special Personal Information is provided in the free text fields We reserve the right to delete all submitted information or just the Special Personal Information.
Our Purposes of Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information you provide voluntarily:
- in your communications with us;
- by you submitting your Personal Information to us via the Website;
- subscribing to newsletters or marketing communications from us;
- using Our online tools or software;
- participating in surveys;
- registering for events.
We collect information automatically, some of which may be Personal Information, by:
- accessing Our Website We collect certain Personal Information from your device automatically, such as your IP address, device identification number, device model, device operating system, browser being used, and general geographic location;
- monitoring how you interact with Our Website.
Will My Personal Information be Disclosed to Third Parties?
We do not sell your Personal Information and protect it at the same standards as Our own Personal Information, which is no less stringent then is required by law. This includes the transfer of your Personal Information within the Atvance Group, which will normally be in the form of aggregated reports with no personally identifiable information. In the event personally identifiable information is available to another company within Our group it will be done in accordance with the POPIA.
In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, or We are acquired by a third party We may disclose your Personal Information to such third party in Our legitimate business interests.
We will disclose your Personal Information where We are under a duty to disclose it in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Should We need to disclose your Personal Information to a third party to protect your, or Our, legitimate interests We reserve the right to do so.
Who Can I Contact Regarding My Personal Information?
Where Do You Store My Personal Information?
Personal Information may also be processed in a third country outside the RSA by Us or one of Our suppliers. This will be for the provision of support services, fulfilling an obligation We have to you, technical requirements of Our systems, or other legitimate reasons.
Where We transfer your Personal Information to such a third country it shall be to a party who is subject to a law, binding corporate rules or binding agreement which provides an adequate level of protection to the same level as this Notice.
How Long Do You Keep My Personal Information
How Secure Is My Personal Information?
In Addition To The Above, What Other Rights Do I Have In Respect Of My Personal Information?
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications;
- Access your Personal Information held by us;
- Update or modify your Personal Information held by us;
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information;
- Complain to us or the Information Regulator about Our processing of your Personal Information.
- Request We restrict or entirely stop processing your Personal Information;
- Request We delete all your Personal Information we process on you;
- Request a copy of the Personal Information provided to us.